We are committed to making the park accessible and enjoyable for guests with disabilities and special needs.
At C.J. Barrymore’s we want everyone to be able to have fun in a safe and friendly environment. We are committed to making the park accessible and enjoyable for guests with disabilities and special needs. Below you will find everything you need to know about navigating the park. If you can’t find the answers here, please contact us or stop by the service counter and ask to speak to the Manager on Duty. We will be happy to help with any questions you have.
Please let an employee know if you require assistance at any time during your visit to C.J. Barrymore’s.
Drawing from your personal experiences at C.J. Barrymore’s, we invite any comments and suggestions you may have regarding improvements to our park and access to our facilities.
- The park has ADA compliant entrances, aisles, ramps, and bathroom stalls. All rides have accessible entrances. The Ferris Wheel has a wheelchair accessible gondola. Please speak with a Manager on Duty if you require assistance.
- Rides may not accommodate all guests who meet the general requirements due to the configuration of the safety restraint system. If a safety restraint cannot be secured properly the guest will not be permitted to ride.
- Long hair, head scarves and long jewelry must be secured.
Due to the cognitive and physical abilities that are necessary to operate the Go-Kart attractions and Bumper Boat rides some guests may not be allowed to operate without the managers consent. These guests are permitted to ride as a passenger if all safety restraint requirements are met. It is always recommended to have the guest view a complete ride cycle of the desired rides to get a better understanding of the ride’s operation.
PHYSICAL DISABILITY REQUIREMENTS
To be eligible to ride our attractions a guest must be able to be properly secured in the safety restraints and can assume and maintain upright posture while seated without support. Alternate access is available at the ride exits. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion. Guests with any pre-existing conditions that they may be aware of that could result in injury or complications are not permitted to ride. It is always recommended our guests view a complete ride cycle of the desired rides to get a better understanding of the ride’s operation.
- SADDLE SLING – Guests who cannot properly get on and off the attraction unassisted are not permitted to ride.
- FERRIS WHEEL – Wheelchair users must be placed in the ADA gondola and accompanied by their companion. Wheelchairs must be able to be placed in a locked position.
All requirements are necessary for safety restraints to properly function.
- ZIP LINE • DROP TOWER – Both legs must be present to the knee at a minimum.
- JUNIOR DROP TOWR – Arms must be present to the elbow and legs present to the knee.
- SADDLE SLING – Arms must be present to the elbow at a minimum and one fully functional leg. Other leg must be present to the knee at a minimum. Guests must be able to get on and off the attraction unassisted.
- SPINNING COASTER • EURO BUNGY – Must have at least one fully functional hand and one fully functional leg and foot to hold the hand grip on the rider restraint and to maintain balance.
- LOOP COASTER – Both legs must be present to the knee at a minimum. One fully functional hand and arm. The other arm must be present to the elbow at a minimum.
- GO KARTS – One fully functional hand and arm. Both fully functional legs and feet.
- BUMPER CARS – Both legs must be present to the knee at a minimum. Both hands need to be present.
ZIP LINE • SADDLE SLING • DROP TOWER • JUNIOR DROP TOWER • LOOP COASTER • EURO BUNGY – Prosthetics need to be removed or can be proven the device is properly secured and will remain in place during the ride.
CASTS • SOFT CASTS • BRACES (NON-FLEXIBLE)
These devices are correcting a pre-existing injury.
FULL ARM (OVER THE ELBOW) – are permitted on Zip Line, Ferris Wheel, Bumper Boats, Go Karts Passengers.
FULL LEG (OVER THE KNEE) – are permitted on Ferris Wheel.
(BELOW THE ELBOW/KNEE) – are NOT permitted on Euro Bungy, Bumper Cars, or operate Go Karts (only permitted to ride as a passenger.)
BRACES (FLEXIBLE) These devices are worn for support – are permitted on all attractions.
BEFORE YOU RIDE
- Please read the specific rider safety sign at the entrance of each ride and watch a complete cycle (loading, operating, and unloading) to get a better understanding of the ride’s operation. This will help you make an informed decision when choosing which rides to experience.
- If you have questions regarding our ride safety requirements, please speak with a Manager on Duty, who can explain the conditions and dynamics of each ride based on your individual needs. The Manager on Duty has final authority on all ride access issues.
- Some attractions at C.J. Barrymore’s are dynamic and thrilling. There are inherent risks in riding any amusement ride. For your protection, each ride has specific ride safety requirements. If you choose to ride, you accept all of these risks. Participate responsibly. You should be in good health to ride safely and be able to maintain the proper riding position. You know your physical conditions and limitations, C.J. Barrymore’s does not. If you suspect your health could be at risk for any reason, or you could aggravate a pre-existing condition of any kind, DO NOT RIDE! Height, weight and other restrictions are posted at each attraction. Guests with disabilities should speak to a Manager on Duty for specific ride requirements.Guests with a history of recent surgery, heart trouble/high blood pressure, neck trouble, back trouble, or any other condition that may be aggravated by riding, or who are pregnant, should carefully heed all warning signs at a ride entrance. If you are in doubt about your ability to safely experience a ride or would like more rider information, please speak with a Manager on Duty. We’ll be happy to brief you on our ride safety policy and explain how it applies to your specific situation.
Riders must obey all warnings and directions regarding rides and behave in a manner that will not cause or contribute to injury to themselves or others.
- Ride Operators will tell you how to board each ride. C.J. Barrymore’s employees are not trained in transferring you from wheelchair to ride unit and are not permitted to do so. You should plan your visit with someone who can physically help you when necessary. The Saddle Sling and Loop Roller Coaster does not permit guests with disabilities who cannot properly get on and off the attraction unassisted.
- In case of ride evacuation, the Guest must be able to use catwalks, ladders, and/or stairs on their own or with the help of a companion.
- Please speak to an employee at the Service Counter or a Manager on Duty if you require first aid assistance during your visit.
- All bathrooms at C.J. Barrymore’s have stalls that meet ADA guidelines for our guests with disabilities. Bathrooms are located next to the service counter by the main entrance and in the arcade.
- Parking is available for vehicles displaying a disabled placard or license plate. Spaces are available at the front of the parking lot, close to the main entrance of the building. Space availability is not guaranteed.
Dietary Restrictions/Gluten Free
- C.J. Barrymore’s offers food and beverage options for guests with dietary restrictions. Please note, our kitchen is not a gluten-free environment, however, menu items can be adapted to accommodate gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan diets. Please ask to speak with a manager on duty prior to ordering.
wings & beer food truck
BEST WINGS EVER